For over 20 years Bob and I have gone together every election day to vote.
This morning Mr Antsy Pants just couldn't wait. He took SugarB and walked up to our polling place about 4 blocks away at 6:15 this morning and stood in line for at least a half hour. Tied Sugar to the Handicapped parking sign before going in (-- kind of appropriate as she seems to have lost most of her hearing of late. )
Anywayz, anyone that knows Bob knows that he will do almost anything to avoid waiting in lines, but he had lots of company to visit with all around him. It's good to see your neighbors every now and again. Came back home proudly wearing his "I Voted" sticker on the lapel of his suit coat. Added his Obama/Biden button on the other lapel and headed off to court.
I smiled and rolled over and the kitty and I went back to sleep for another hour!
I was up, dressed and having my coffee and reading the paper when my doorbell rang. It was an Obama supporter checking if I'd voted yet, did I know where my polling place was and did I need a ride! I thanked her and said I was just heading out to do so.
Arrived at the polling place just before 10 am. Lots of cars in the parking place there at Trinity Lutheran Church, but no lines to get in at least. Held the door open for some cute little old ladies, one of them was telling the other how the sticker "I VOTED" sticker they had was good for either a cup of coffee at Starbucks or a donut at the Krispy Kreme.
Walked right in, someone was ahead of me in the A-K line but I walked right up to the L-Z, where I initialed my address and signed my name and was handed my ballot -- an 8x11 sheet of card stock printed on both sides. I then took my ballot over to the tables set up with little privacy shields around each chair and sat down with the provided black ballpoint pen to fill out my ballot. Candidates are listed and beside each name is an open arrow <= =<
This morning Mr Antsy Pants just couldn't wait. He took SugarB and walked up to our polling place about 4 blocks away at 6:15 this morning and stood in line for at least a half hour. Tied Sugar to the Handicapped parking sign before going in (-- kind of appropriate as she seems to have lost most of her hearing of late. )
Anywayz, anyone that knows Bob knows that he will do almost anything to avoid waiting in lines, but he had lots of company to visit with all around him. It's good to see your neighbors every now and again. Came back home proudly wearing his "I Voted" sticker on the lapel of his suit coat. Added his Obama/Biden button on the other lapel and headed off to court.
I smiled and rolled over and the kitty and I went back to sleep for another hour!
I was up, dressed and having my coffee and reading the paper when my doorbell rang. It was an Obama supporter checking if I'd voted yet, did I know where my polling place was and did I need a ride! I thanked her and said I was just heading out to do so.
Arrived at the polling place just before 10 am. Lots of cars in the parking place there at Trinity Lutheran Church, but no lines to get in at least. Held the door open for some cute little old ladies, one of them was telling the other how the sticker "I VOTED" sticker they had was good for either a cup of coffee at Starbucks or a donut at the Krispy Kreme.
Walked right in, someone was ahead of me in the A-K line but I walked right up to the L-Z, where I initialed my address and signed my name and was handed my ballot -- an 8x11 sheet of card stock printed on both sides. I then took my ballot over to the tables set up with little privacy shields around each chair and sat down with the provided black ballpoint pen to fill out my ballot. Candidates are listed and beside each name is an open arrow <= =<

What's with the RED shirt?
ReplyDeleteLol it was what I wore UNDER my blue sweatshirt. Then it got to be over 70 degrees and the blue came off. It's back on now ;o)
ReplyDeleteI walked door to door in a neighborhood in town tuesday night, just to be sure no one needed a ride to the polls. What a glorious night it was.
ReplyDelete